spiritair97
Topic Author

Delta Computer System Failure-8/20/2012

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:23 pm

I was traveling from NAS to LGA yesterday with some family members after a wedding in Nassau and DL's website let me check everybody else in our party in online, except me. When we got to NAS, there was a long line for check in and nobody moved for about an hour. I finally approached the desk and asked the agent what was going on, and when she finally found it in her heart to stop chatting on the phone and notice my presence, she told me that the computer system was down and that, in the meantime, I could fill out my customs forms while they fix it. That was it. It was two hours before a manager informed everybody on the situation. By then, there were three MD88s-worth of people waiting for check-in. My grandfather, who needs a wheelchair, was told that he had to sit and wait until the computer system was operational again. by the time we got through security for our 3:15pm flight, it was 3:45pm! They held the flight, but did Delta's computer system fail anywhere else but Nassau yesterday? I thought it might have, as a flight from ATL landed about 1.5 hours late as we pushed back 2 hours late. Does anybody have any info as to what happened and where else it did? Thanks.

asqx

RE: Delta Computer System Failure-8/20/2012

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:38 pm

According to Delta.com all three ATL-NAS on 20 AUG arrived close to on time, with the latest being 16 minutes after scheduled (the others were one minute early and 8 minutes late respectively). The three NAS-ATL were 9 minutes late, 1 hour 23 minutes late, and 35 minutes late departing.

I think it was local to NAS as about the time of the longest delayed flight I was at work (in an admitadly far away station) and didn't have any computer issues affecting departures.

spiritair97
Topic Author

Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:49 pm

Quoting asqx (Reply 1):
1 hour 23 minutes late

That flight had a few of our family members on it as well. I realize now that the one that I referred to above was actually only about 28 minutes late departing. I read it as 1 hour and 28 minutes late. So you are right.

Quoting asqx (Reply 1):
I think it was local to NAS as about the time of the longest delayed flight I was at work (in an admitadly far away station) and didn't have any computer issues affecting departures.

Ok thanks for the info.

plateman

Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:12 am

Quoting spiritair97 (Thread starter):
They held the flight, but did Delta's computer system fail anywhere else but Nassau yesterday? I thought it might have, as a flight from ATL landed about 1.5 hours late as we pushed back 2 hours late. Does anybody have any info as to what happened and where else it did? Thanks.

No flights pushed 2hrs late. According to flightstats, the 3:30pm flight left at 4:53pm and landed only 80mins late. The two mornings flights were ontime and the afternoon flight 17mins late.

As for flights to NAS, I don't know where you see one arriving 1.5 hours late. All the flights were on time, one was 16 mins late.

Please fact check before you post.
"Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

spiritair97
Topic Author

Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:53 am

Quoting plateman (Reply 3):

As I was ON the 3:15pm flight to LaGuardia, I think I would know when it pushed back better than you and flightstats.com. I did fact check, hence the reason I admitted that I had read the timing of the ATL flight wrong. But thank you, for thinking and making me sound stupid when you obviously didn't read the previous responses.

plateman

Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:37 am

Quoting spiritair97 (Reply 4):
As I was ON the 3:15pm flight to LaGuardia, I think I would know when it pushed back better than you and flightstats.com. I did fact check, hence the reason I admitted that I had read the timing of the ATL flight wrong. But thank you, for thinking and making me sound stupid when you obviously didn't read the previous responses.

Your right, I totally goofed on my response misreading LGA for ATL for some reason. Apologizes.
"Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

spiritair97
Topic Author

Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:21 pm

Quoting plateman (Reply 5):
Your right, I totally goofed on my response misreading LGA for ATL for some reason. Apologizes.

It's alright. At least you had the decency to admit your mistake, unlike a lot of poeple on this site.