EBGflyer
Topic Author

Lost My Credit Card = Can't Show At Check-in

Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:54 am

Hi there,

I'm flying Indian low-cost carrier IndiGo from BKK to DXB on sept 17. The flight was paid for with my MasterCard. However, I just lost that credit card and thus won't be able to show it at check-in on Monday, which I think they require according to their t&c.

Question is whether I will be denied boarding. Funny thing is that IndiGo actually called me up a few days after I made my booking as a form of validation of the credit card.

1) Any experience whether they actually do check for credit card on IndiGo?

2) In case they do check, I was thinking to bring my credit card statement that shows I have paid for the flight. Hopefully they would accept that. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

EBGflyer
Future flights: CPH-BOS; CPH-SVG; CPH-PVG-HKG-MNL-DVO; CPH-CDG; CPH-NRT; CPH-MIA; CPH-PVG

OA260

RE: Lost My Credit Card = Can't Show At Check-in

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:15 pm

I would try to get an email or letter from the CC company advising the situation . Also take a copy of your statement showing the charge for the flights. They could still kick up but at least you have all you can . Maybe email the airline also advising of the situation so maybe they can put a note into your booking.

HAWK21M

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:22 pm

Get in touch with the Airline & explain the situation...You'll get the best solution.
Alternatively get a CC company to issue a letter on the same & you could keep the related payment CC statement ready if needed.
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

musapapaya

Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:57 pm

I have never been asked to show the credit card at all, well, I never flew in india so.....

musapapaya
Lufthansa Group of Airlines

lewis

Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:10 pm

Check with them although, from experience, most airlines do not ask you to show them the card, even if it is in their t&c.

OA260

Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:12 pm

Quoting lewis (Reply 4):
most airlines do not ask you to show them the card, even if it is in their t&c.

You would be surprised those who do though ! BA RJ to name a few who have checked mine at check in .

airbuseric

Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:52 pm

Quoting musapapaya (Reply 3):
I have never been asked to show the credit card at all, well, I never flew in india so.....

Well, don't be so sure about that. LH asked me once in AMS (!).
"The whole world steps aside for the man who knows where he is going"

zrs70

Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:52 am

Are you able to check in on line and avoid the ticket counter?
17 year airliners.net vet! 2000-2016

airindia787

Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:40 am

I flew 6E BLR-HYD and return over the summer and I was never asked to show the credit card during check in. It probably depends on the agent you deal with, its best to be safe and ask the credit card company what can be done.

cedarjet

Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:48 pm

Surprised there isn't a standard answer, this must happen hundreds of times a day - I've had cards expire, snap in two, get eaten by machines and wondered, what would I do if I had unused airline tix booked with that card. Curious to know what the credit card co say. Cheers.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

AMS

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:09 pm

Some Airlines do require you to show the original CC if you paid online (FOID =Form Of Identification). Once I had a similar situation when flying on Singapore Airlines, as I lost the original Credit card. SQ had me sign a form at the ticket counter. I did also bring my credit card statement showing the transaction and my personal details.

EBGflyer
Topic Author

Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:21 pm

Just an update.

I was actually asked at the check-in counter for my credit card, but told them I had lost it. At first they were a bit hesitant, but with me I had a credit card statement showing the transaction and everything turned out fine. No worries  
Future flights: CPH-BOS; CPH-SVG; CPH-PVG-HKG-MNL-DVO; CPH-CDG; CPH-NRT; CPH-MIA; CPH-PVG

StarAC17

Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:49 pm

Quoting lewis (Reply 4):
Check with them although, from experience, most airlines do not ask you to show them the card, even if it is in their t&c.

I have never been asked at the desk for it. On occasion I have had to insert it into a kiosk to identify myself but that only has happened a few times. Most of the time I have just used the booking ref and my passport if the flight was international.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!