aircatalonia
Topic Author

Yakutia Airlines In The EU

Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:01 pm

Today I was spotting at BCN and I saw the strangest approach I have ever seen. This 757 flew way over the glide path only to dive at very last moment and then go around. What's remarkable is that the weather perfect and no other aircraft seemed to follow that glide path.

Flight was Yakutia Airlines SYL9955 - Flight path according at Flightradar24

After some research I discovered that this airline had been banned from flying into the EU and then allowed again with some restrictions. Does anyone know why they were banned, and what their current restrictions are?

aerorobnz

RE: Yakutia Airlines In The EU

Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:45 am

Quoting aircatalonia (Thread starter):
After some research I discovered that this airline had been banned from flying into the EU and then allowed again with some restrictions. Does anyone know why they were banned, and what their current restrictions are?

I photographed them in Prague & Bremen so they can't be so restricted...737 & 757 ac..
Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

debonair

RE: Yakutia Airlines In The EU

Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:50 pm

Quoting aircatalonia (Thread starter):
Does anyone know why they were banned, and what their current restrictions are?

You will always find the answer to your question in the "Official Journal of the European Union":

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/...uri=OJ:L:2012:098:0013:0035:EN:PDF
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/...uri=OJ:L:2011:303:0014:0039:EN:PDF
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/...uri=OJ:L:2011:104:0010:0034:EN:PDF

Part of these reports from above- but unfortunately, you have to read all 3 past journals to understand the situation...
(86) On the basis of the information submitted by the competent authorities of the Russian Federation, the following aircraft contained in the AOCs of certain air carriers do not currently comply with ICAO standards and the Air Safety Committee urges the Commission to seek to clarify the international operations of these aircraft with the competent authorities of the Russian Federation:
(a) Aircompany Yakutia: aircraft Antonov AN-140 registration RA-41250; AN-24RV registration RA-46496, RA-46665, RA-47304, RA-47352, RA-47353, RA-47360; RA-47363AN-26 registration RA-26660; aircraft Tupolev TU-154M registration RA-85007, RA-85707 and 85794.