Checo77
Topic Author

Seating Question On 77W

Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:37 pm

Hello,

I will be flying soon EK 77W and I am seriously considering sitting towards the back of the plane in the row of 2 seats instead of the 3 seats. I wanted to ask you, if anybody has any experience flying on those seats. I always sit in the window seat, since I enjoy looking out the window, but also I lay my head on the wall of the plane and sleep better. What I am afraid of, is that the seat is "far" from the aircrafts wall and I will not be able to lay my head on it.

Will be glad if anybody would help me  

Cheers,

Adam
Czech Boeing lover living in Lima

aloges

RE: Seating Question On 77W

Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:48 pm

According to SeatGuru, the seats are far from the wall... alas, that's the only help I can give you. However, the headrests might well have movable sides which should help.

Come to think of it, I once had a bit of luck due to a similar seating arrangement on a LH 744: the lady who was sitting next to me in one of those two-abreast seats had exactly the same problem as you with the distance to the wall, so she asked to be reseated - and her empty seat was mine to enjoy. So if you chance it, you too may be lucky.  
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

PI4EVER

RE: Seating Question On 77W

Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:08 pm

I flew in the 2 seat row on NZ's 77W and no big space between seat and sidewall...and I did nap with a pillow leaning against the window. Our 2 seats were not offset from the 3 seat row in front of us, so no big gap between the seat and sidewall like on the back rows of a 747.
These seats were private, felt more roomy and very comfortable for the dreaded 10 abreast 77W.
Thomas
P.S. I was warned these seats however really feel the bumps of turbulence, but we did not experience anything uncomfortable beyond what is routinely experienced.
watch what you want. you may get it.