jetjack74
Topic Author

Datangstan Civil Air Museum In Beijing

Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:59 pm

What's the easiest/quickest way to get to the Civil Aviation Museum at Datangstan from the Beijing Railway Station at near the inner City Wall? All the web pages attached to it are in mandarin
Made from jets!

Hywel

RE: Datangstan Civil Air Museum In Beijing

Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:19 pm

TripAdvisor has this to say:

Directions to get there: Take subway line 5 north to last stop (Tiantongyuanbei) and exit north where there is a small bus station. Take bus 643 to the 15th stop which is the China Aviation Museum (Hangkong Bowuguan) bus stop. Take a little 3 wheeler or walk the 3/4 mile to the museum entrance.

PlymSpotter

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:32 pm

Or hire a car and driver, but that will be more expensive. As you can see from Google Earth, there is a very long road/taxiway up to the museum, so if taking the bus you can either walk that or take a trike/taxi. Allow at least three hours at the museum, if you want to photograph absolutely everything and read all the detail then you need more like 5 or 6.

Dan  
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

UK_Dispatcher

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:35 pm

I have only ever done it by using a taxi from the hotel in Beijing, but unless there are at least a couple of you it is not the cheapest option.

I have been 3 times and am going again on Friday 19th October. A long shot, but if you happen to be in Beijing that day, there are a few of us hiring a minibus to go there.

The TripAdvisor info has been there for a long time, so I wouldn't fully trust it's reliability.

You really must do all possible to visit Dantangshan though - it is an amazing collection of aircraft and not to be missed.

jetjack74
Topic Author

Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:29 pm

Quoting Hywel (Reply 1):
TripAdvisor has this to say:

Directions to get there: Take subway line 5 north to last stop (Tiantongyuanbei) and exit north where there is a small bus station. Take bus 643 to the 15th stop which is the China Aviation Museum (Hangkong Bowuguan) bus stop. Take a little 3 wheeler or walk the 3/4 mile to the museum entrance.

That's exact;y how you get there

Quoting UK_Dispatcher (Reply 3):
The TripAdvisor info has been there for a long time, so I wouldn't fully trust it's reliability.

Turns out it was accurate. We took a cab there, which cost 200RMB. We took the walk, bus, subway back, and after trial and error, we made it back via reverse of the above directions.

Quoting UK_Dispatcher (Reply 3):
I have been 3 times and am going again on Friday 19th October. A long shot, but if you happen to be in Beijing that day, there are a few of us hiring a minibus to go there.

I'm heading to NRT tomorrow, so I won't be in town then. But enjoy it,
Made from jets!