b777a340fan

Have You Talked Back To TSA At Airport?

Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:16 pm

Flew this morning from LAS and thought the TSA agent was super rude (almost degrading) to me and other passengers. In other circumstances, i wouldve made a remark to the agent, but given that they can make my life miserable and make me miss my flight, i kept my mouth shut and told myself it wasn't worth it. I am wondering if there is anyone that called out a tsa agent for their lack of professionalism/rudeness (or whatever else) and what happened. I think most agents are at least professional (some are super nice), but some ride on a power high.

RamblinMan

RE: Have You Talked Back To TSA At Airport?

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:08 pm

Yeah, and I immediately regretted it...what happened to piss me off wasn't the guy's fault and he doesn't make the rules or those stupid body scanners. You are right, most of them are cool and professional and really they're just trying to get through their day same as I am. I have seen the jackass on a power trip though...don't know what you expect to have happen when you take regular hourly workers and slap a badge on them...a few will start thinking they're secret agents or something.

RussianJet

Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:36 pm

Quoting B777A340Fan (Thread starter):
Flew this morning from LAS and thought the TSA agent was super rude (almost degrading) to me and other passengers.

That's a bit of a vague charge. Can you expand on what exactly he was doing or saying that was so rude?

As for talking back, as you seem to realise - not a good plan. But, do complain in writing afterwards if you have a specific incident. I have done this once about an airline employee who started getting power-trippy and threatening to off-load someone because they calmly asked for his name following some pretty unsatisfactory behaviour. Not sure how the TSA deal with complaints, but in this case a sincere apology was offered and the employee disciplined.
✈ Every strike of the hammer is a blow against the enemy. ✈

CrimsonNL

Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:32 am

My golden rule with the Dutch version of the TSA at AMS, is never to get rude myself, and to just be grateful that I don't have his job..

Martijn
Always comparing your flown types list with mine

Lentini2001

Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:20 pm

I think they probably dine out on the fact that they think they are above the law and if you dare answer back or take them to task the only thing they can do is make you miss your flight which makes them think they are untouchable because nobody risks missing their flight - so they can get away with murder being as arsey as they like knowing you'll just stand there and take it because you dont want to be offloaded even if you are in the right and they are wrong.

And breathe...

[Edited 2012-10-16 05:21:13]

gabrielchew

Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:58 pm

I had a set of very rude and unhelpful security staff in LHR T5 last year. I spoke to their supervisor who apologised and helped me complete a feedback form. I fear it did not good, however.
http://my.flightmemory.com/shefgab Upcoming flights: AMS-RIX-BUD-VDA,ETH-TLV-FCO-LHR,STN-TXL-LCY,LTN-CPH-LTN,LGW-SZG,MUC-LHR

PITingres

Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:25 pm

Quoting B777A340Fan (Thread starter):
I am wondering if there is anyone that called out a tsa agent for their lack of professionalism/rudeness (or whatever else) and what happened.

I generally just try to ignore them, but I did give a couple agents the what-for once. It was in 2002 and I suspect I was very close to being thrown into the clink for it. It didn't make the slightest difference in how they operated; I certainly felt better, though!
Fly, you fools! Fly!