Eirules

EY Or TK To South Africa

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:41 pm

Hi all. Looking for some suggestions as to which of the above two airlines would you choose when flying to South Africa in economy? Im thinking IFE, food, leg room, seat width, transit experience etc. Also, is a stop in either hub city worth while?

Thanks
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....

LAXintl

RE: EY Or TK To South Africa

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:19 pm

Food, TK seems to get great reviews and win awards. Can't comment on EY Y-class experience as I have not flown them.

But for a stopover, Istanbul is infinitesimally much more interesting than Abu Dhabi in my view.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

TurkishWings

Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:43 pm

TK is using the brand new A 333 to JNB/CPT. It's definitely a superior airplane with great seats, IFE, ambiance and general comfort. IST is also a great city for a stopover.. Lots and lots to see...
Coffee - Tea or Me?

sq_ek_freak

Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:54 pm

Quoting TurkishWings (Reply 2):
ST is also a great city for a stopover.. Lots and lots to see...

In terms of hub city, there is absolutely no comparison between Istanbul and Abu Dhabi, Istanbul has a rich history and is a very dynamic city, so it wins hands down.

In terms of product, I'd say TK wins on catering, EY wins on crew service, and they are on par on pretty much everything else (IFE, seats etc). Both IST and AUH aren't particularly nice airports to transit through.
Keep Discovering