mvecchi4
Topic Author

Question On Alitalia's MilleMiglia. Keeping Elite

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:17 pm

Hey All,

I'm new here and I'm looking into changing FF Programs on skyteam and it appears as MilleMiglia has the easiest way yo maintain Elite Status (first tier for only 20k miles).

I've seen forums in the past saying that you need at least two flights a year on AZ metal to actually mantain the status but that's nowhere to be found in the webpage, the User Guide or the regulations also published in the website.

I will fly AF to asia and get around 23k miles, so using MilleMiglia will get me into the Ulise Class for just 20k, but would like to know if I get the status even though I'm not flying AZ.

Thanks,

Miguel.

Birdwatching

RE: Question On Alitalia's MilleMiglia. Keeping El

Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:46 pm

How about Delta Skymiles?
You'll be a silver medallion with 25.000 miles and none of this has to be on DL metal, plus you can roll over any status qualifying miles over that into the next year, making it easy to maintain status. The Asia trip you mention plus some small 4-segment day trip mileage run will get you the 25K needed (a segment will always give you 500 miles at least, no matter how short).

Soren   
All the things you probably hate about travelling are warm reminders that I'm home