ac345yyz
Topic Author

AA Or DL Domestic First

Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:41 pm

Hi all,

I'm planning a trip to Canada from MCO or PBI to YYZ just before Christmas. One way first/business fares for both DL and AA are around $400. Who offers a better first class? Any recommendations?

RamblinMan

RE: AA Or DL Domestic First

Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:03 pm

Do it the a.net way...pick solely based on aircraft type!

ATCtower

Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:01 am

On the route you are looking at a 737 for either and between the two there is very little difference.

AA has done an excellent job of pissing me off with recent flights so I would go with DL but thats merely a matter of opinion.
By reading the above post you waive all rights to be offended. If you do not like what you read, forget it.

WROORD

Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:25 am

I would go with AA. They know they pissed off loads of people and are trying extra hard right now. I got several e-mails with bonus miles offers as a token for their recent mishaps.Besides AA has brand new 737s.

rwy04lga

Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:01 am

Quoting WROORD (Reply 3):
Besides AA has brand new 737s.

DL's 737s aren't much older, if at all. Base your decision on service. I work for Delta, so my suggestion would be a bit biased.
Just accept that some days, you're the pigeon, and other days the statue

ac345yyz
Topic Author

Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:35 am

On the MCO-ORD leg the aircraft is a MD80, ORD-YYZ is a CR7...booked  

Cubsrule

Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:55 am

AA F is better but good heavens, why would you book an ORD connection in December? That's just asking to spend a couple of nights in Chicago.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

RamblinMan

Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:43 am

Quoting ac345yyz (Reply 5):
On the MCO-ORD leg the aircraft is a MD80, ORD-YYZ is a CR7...booked  

There ya go. Gotta ride the Mad Dogs while you still can. AA MD-80s and F100s are my earliest flying memories.

And while CRJs suck in Y they're actually pretty nice in F, especially if you snag the single seat.

WROORD

Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:26 pm

Quoting Cubsrule (Reply 6):
AA F is better but good heavens, why would you book an ORD connection in December? That's just asking to spend a couple of nights in Chicago.

I think lately, Chicago is quite nice and snow is pounding in the northeast corridor. With weather there is always a chance to get stuck no matter which way you go.

flymia

Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:01 am

Quoting RamblinMan (Reply 7):
And while CRJs suck in Y they're actually pretty nice in F, especially if you snag the single seat.

I find the MQ crews to be better too. Most of their airplanes do not have F. I feel as though when they get the chance to do F service they really enjoy it.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

RamblinMan

Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:59 am

Quoting flymia (Reply 9):
I find the MQ crews to be better too. Most of their airplanes do not have F. I feel as though when they get the chance to do F service they really enjoy it.

I'm not much of an AA flyer so I've not been on an MQ 2-cabin flight but that doesn't surprise me at all. I've always found MQ crews to be far more pleasant than their mainline counterparts.

I have been in F on DL Connection CR9s and could hardly believe I was on a CRJ...a world of difference from economy. Only time I've ever had a better regional flight was when I somehow got upgraded on Malev and they served an alcohol-infused full breakfast on a 1-hour segment. Got to FRA with such a buzz I had trouble finding my connecting gate!

airportugal310

Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:41 am

Quoting RamblinMan (Reply 10):
Only time I've ever had a better regional flight was when I somehow got upgraded on Malev and they served an alcohol-infused full breakfast on a 1-hour segment. Got to FRA with such a buzz I had trouble finding my connecting gate!

This is how you know you did it right.
I sell airplanes and airplane accessories

Cubsrule

Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:29 pm

Quoting WROORD (Reply 8):
With weather there is always a chance to get stuck no matter which way you go.

Sure. Two points, though:

1) ORD is far and away the worst of the midwestern hubs at operating with winter weather. MSP and DTW do a far better job.

2) December is not a particularly bad time of year for weather in the southeast (i.e. ATL). You get an ice storm maybe once a decade but almost never any snow.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more