sennabestever
Topic Author

IPod TSA Security Question

Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:48 pm

I'll be traveling with a new iPod Touch still in the packaging that's a gift for the wife (who will be traveling with me). I'm assuming TSA won't make me put this through the xray outside my backpack right? I normally travel with an iPad and sometimes they make me take it out and sometimes they don't. Never traveled with an iPod though. Anyone know if they will make me take it out and spoil the surprise for the wife?

aloges

RE: IPod TSA Security Question

Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:42 pm

You should be ansolutely fine. I usually put everything I have in my trouser pockets into my cabin luggage just before screening and nobody has ever told me to take my iPod or phone back out.

Come to think of it, I've even had a gift-wrapped item on me without knowing what it was - since it was a gift for me. Airport security (I don't remember where it happened) asked me to take it out for an individual scan, cleared it and gave it back to me with no further questions asked. A common item like an iPod really shouldn't cause any trouble.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Birdwatching

Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:47 pm

If it's a factory packed Ipod you don't really need to worry about it as the TSA will probably steal it from you anyway.

Soren   
All the things you probably hate about travelling are warm reminders that I'm home

airportugal310

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:26 am

All the responses above are correct. They don't care about that...they only care about shady things. Honestly, as a very regular traveler like most here, these items are the last thing on their minds.
I sell airplanes and airplane accessories

RyanairGuru

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:35 pm

Quoting Birdwatching (Reply 2):
If it's a factory packed Ipod you don't really need to worry about it as the TSA will probably steal it from you anyway.

Yep, I hope the TSA agent who removed a brand new, factory wrapped iPhone from my case at MIA is enjoying it
Worked Hard, Flew Right

FI642

Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:08 am

Having travelled with an iPad, iPod, and iPhone, you absolutely will not have a problem.
737MAX, Cool Planes for the Worlds Coolest Airline.