Topic Author

Alitalia FFP: All Miles Expire In December!

Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:33 pm

Hi everyone,

Some drastic news on the Alitalia Frequent Flyer Program Millemiglia:

I just received confirmation that all Millemiglia members will be able to earn miles until December 31, 2012. Subsequently, all these members will have ONLY SIX MONTHS after this date to redeem their collected miles, or else they will all be erased/lost.

These are some shocking news for most of us Millemiglia members, as the end date is closing up in less than 60 days time and we're cornered into spending all our miles in less than a year's time.

In other words, Alitalia is forcing its members to spend these miles before June 30, 2013, or else all its miles will be lost giving way for the new Millemiglia 2013-2018 program to start up.

Now I'll have to find a way to spend my miles before June next year. Yes, this sounds easy... but for a transatlantic award ticket, there is at least a €300 fee in taxes, plus the obvious personal travel expenses associated with a trip.

Is it maybe that AZ will migrate into Air France's FlyingBlue Program in 2013-2014?

Not too happy about this.

Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous!

RE: Alitalia FFP: All Miles Expire In December!

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:58 pm

That's really unfair, and certainly a way to lose customers IMHO. When AF and KL programs merged a few years ago, miles were just transfered to the new account...
Life is short : eat dessert first !

RE: Alitalia FFP: All Miles Expire In December!

Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:53 pm

That's absurd. I have a pittance of miles with MilleMiglia that I knew that I'd never use; however, pulling a fast one like this is ridiculous. Not surprising coming from AZ, though.
The 747 will always be the TRUE queen of the skies!