B747forever
Topic Author

Layout Of Warszawa Modlin Terminal Building?

Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:50 pm

I am planning a quick day trip on one of FR's super cheap fares flying NYO-Warszawa Modlin-NYO with a 25minutes turn at Modlin.

Now I wonder if arrivals and departures are mixed in one zone meaning that I will be able to skip security as I will be in the departure lounge directly, or are arriving and departing passengers separated?
Work Hard, Fly Right

peterinlisbon

Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:14 pm

Maybe you could just not get off and offer to help them clean the plane!

B747forever
Topic Author

Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:17 pm

Quoting peterinlisbon (Reply 1):
Maybe you could just not get off and offer to help them clean the plane!

Hehe, wish I could, but I would somehow need to scan my boarding pass in the terminal building. I doubt that they just can call in and let the gate agent know that I am already onboard.
Work Hard, Fly Right

hoya

Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:40 am

When is your flight to Modlin? While it shouldn't really affect you if you're flying in/out right away, for the time being all flights on large aircraft (i.e. 737s) have been moved to WAW due to cracks in the runway in Modlin - apparently the cold weather has affected the newer runway extension.
Hoya Saxa!!

B747forever
Topic Author

Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:18 am

Quoting Hoya (Reply 3):
When is your flight to Modlin? While it shouldn't really affect you if you're flying in/out right away, for the time being all flights on large aircraft (i.e. 737s) have been moved to WAW due to cracks in the runway in Modlin - apparently the cold weather has affected the newer runway extension.

I read about it yesterday. Fortunately I have not booked any tickets. Instead I am flying a domestic round trip on the 736/S2000.
Work Hard, Fly Right

gabrielchew

Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:53 pm

For future reference, arrivals and departures are separated. Quick turns will be hard to do, and impossible if you arrive from outside Schengen. When we were disembarking a few weeks ago from STN, the next load of passengers were already waiting in a long line on the ramp to board. It was really very mean of FR/WMI given the freezing temperatures. Those with priority boarding wait outside the longest.
http://my.flightmemory.com/shefgab Upcoming flights: LHR-BKK-AKL-TBU-NAN-WLG,WHK-AKL-BKK-LHR

B747forever
Topic Author

Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Quoting gabrielchew (Reply 5):

Good to know, thanks.

Quoting gabrielchew (Reply 5):
Those with priority boarding wait outside the longest.

Oh, the irony.
Work Hard, Fly Right