As much as I am a plane enthusiast, I also am a bit of an anxious flier. I will be taking EK 211 from DXB to IAH on Jan 8, which reaches IAH at 3:53pm. The weather forecast is 80% rain, thunderstorms in IAH. Because the fight departs 16 hours before arrival, does the flight plan change en route if the weather at destination is bad? Or, is the flight delayed at origin to compensate for future weather at destination?