sdak74
Topic Author

UA Vs LH Business Class (744,748,777)

Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:07 pm

I will be traveling from PHX to OPO for meetings and it looks like my best options are on LH or UA.

I would like to hear your thoughts on their business class product.

I know there have been previous discussions on this, but I also have a question about the 748 below.

Going east bound my TATL choices are UA (744 or 772) or LH (774 or 388)

I am leaning toward UA because they have lie flat business class seats versus the angled of LH. The LH seats seem to get poor reviews for sleeping comfort. Also, I have never flown in the upper deck of a 747 and the UA 744 would give me that chance while the LH does not.

West bound I was considering LH just to try their product as I am less concerned about sleeping in that direction and have never flown on LH.

One other wrinkle. I have heard that perhaps the next LH 748 destination might be ORD. Anyone have any details if that is the case and which of the two ORD LH departures that it might be deployed on (the afternoon or late night)? Currently they are both listed as 744. If I could get on the 748 I'd jump at that chance and connect through there since those seats are lie flat and the upper deck would be an option. .

One other question, it appears that you can't choose your seat on LH till check in. Is that correct?

Thanks for your suggestions and input.

Cheers

N8

LAXintl

RE: UA Vs LH Business Class (744,748,777)

Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:22 pm

Seat wise I would take the new UA lie-flat business class product over LH angled seat any day. LH does however come through on the soft product - crew, meals etc. However for me the seat and comfort matter the most.

If you want a LH 748 however, hop over to LA. We have the daily FRA flight on the new model.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California