jetblue777
Topic Author

Air China B777-300ER And 5-Hr Layover In PEK

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:22 am

Just booked a flight to the Philippines with CA this summer.

JFK-PEK B77W 12:50/14:20 + 1
PEK-MNL B738 20:00/00:50 + 1
MNL-PEK B738 06:30/11:10
PEK-MNL B77W 13:00/14:00

Has anyone tried CA's new product on the 77W? I've seen the pictures and they look pretty decent, and I've read recent trip reviews about CA on Skytrax and they seem to be positive.

Also, I have a 5hr 40 Minute layover in PEK on the way there, for those who are familiar with PEK T3, what do you suggest on where to go/eat/shop with this time in hand? On the way back, I have a 1hr 50 Minute layover, do you think this would be enough time to transfer?

Any comments and suggestions are welcomed!

jetBlue777   
It's a cultural thing.

b2319

RE: Air China B777-300ER And 5-Hr Layover In PEK

Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:47 pm

There's a Thai restaurant in Terminal 3C that is pretty decent. Looks like you'll be both arriving and departing Terminal 3E, though, so maybe not an option for you.

Regarding the time on the return, personally I wouldn't see an issue with this as you'll likely already have your JFK boarding pass printed and any hold baggage checked through.

You may or not be aware that there is a 72 hour visa waiver initiative recently announced by either the national or Beijing government. There was a thread on this a couple of months back. This may lead you to reconsider a stopover in China, subject to fees to change flights etc. If you choose this, drop me a PM and I can help maximise your adventure in China.....

Regards

B-2319

jetblue777
Topic Author

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:39 pm

Quoting b2319 (Reply 1):
You may or not be aware that there is a 72 hour visa waiver initiative recently announced by either the national or Beijing government. There was a thread on this a couple of months back. This may lead you to reconsider a stopover in China, subject to fees to change flights etc. If you choose this, drop me a PM and I can help maximise your adventure in China.....

I was never aware of this but thanks for the info, I'm really considering this option. We have a flexible ticket with free changes, so we wouldn't have to pay any penalties if we do change our flights.

Thanks!

jetBlue777   
It's a cultural thing.

gabrielchew

Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:23 pm

Quoting jetblue777 (Reply 2):
I was never aware of this but thanks for the info, I'm really considering this option. We have a flexible ticket with free changes, so we wouldn't have to pay any penalties if we do change our flights.

It's definately worth staying for a night or two....2 nights will be enough to get a reasonable feel for Beijing. Check out the Forbidden CIty, Temple of Heaven, Tiananmen Sq, and do a trip out of the Great Wall. Hotels, food and sightseeing is cheap in China too.
http://my.flightmemory.com/shefgab Upcoming flights: LGW-FNC-PDL-TER-LIS-LUX-LHR-MUC-BRN,BSL-LHR

The777Man

Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:11 pm

Hi !

I flew CA's 77W a few months ago and wrote a trip report but on a short flight:

Air China PEK-SHA 77W In Y (by The777Man Oct 22 2012 in Trip Reports)

You should have a great flight!

The777Man
Boeing 777s flown: UA, TG, KE, BA, CX, NH, JD, JL, CZ, SQ, EK, NG, CO, AF, SV, KU, DL, AA, MH, OZ, CA, MS, SU, LY, RG, PE, AZ, KL, VN, PK, EY, NZ, AM, BR, AC, DT, UU, OS, AI, 9W, KQ, QR, VA, JJ, ET, TK, PR, BG, T5, CI, MU and LX.. Further to fly.. LH 777