kurtjeter

CPH Layover--what's To Do

Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:41 am

Will be doing quite a lot of traveling in Europe next six months. Have a layover in CPH, couple of hours. I know it's more than enough to make connections. Wondering if there's anything special about/near the airport that be worth knowing about?

aerdingus

RE: CPH Layover--what's To Do

Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:09 pm

Hi, I had an 8hr layover myself last week. I took the metro (which had free wifi!) to Copenhagen Central - the main station. The all day return ticket cost 76DK - around $13. I put my luggage away in a small locker for 50DK - $9 - but be aware it only takes coins! Larger ones are 70DK but both can be used for up to 24hrs. It´s in the carpark outside T2, keep following the directions for baggage lockers in T2. When I got to the train station, I followed the signs to the Tourist Information centre, which has free wifi. Here there are loads of free maps, booklets & information. I found a map which had a 3 hr self guided walking tour, which was great for covering all the sights, such as The Little Mermaid, & also a lot of nice cafes & restaurants. Locals are quite friendly & will ask you if you need help.   The airport itself has free wifi, once you create an account with CPH (you´ll see ads all over the place for this). There´s lounges too, & one were you can pay in, called the CPH Apartment. Just be aware of the whole Krone situation & try to convert!

Enjoy Copenhagen  
2016: BHX GLA KIR LCY LGW MUC VIE BA EI FR LH OS A320 A321 ATR 42 ATR 72 B738 E190 E195

fallap

RE: CPH Layover--what's To Do

Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:16 pm

You could take a taxi to the "Flyvergrill" or the "Airplanegrill" (Rough translation) It's a small grill where you can spot airplanes. I believe 4R is right next to it.  
Grease monkey buried head to toe inside an F-16M