Superman24
Topic Author

Austrian Vs. Lufthansa Business Class

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:41 pm

Hello everyone!!!

I am booking my summer vacation with aeroplan and I have the option of going with either lufthansa 747 to frankfurt or 777 to vienna with Austrian. Both would be in Business class from JFK but I don't know what would be better. I have read too many negative reviews with austrian but the new business class looks so good. I have also read the business lounge in Austria is nothing to brag home about. Anyone have any opinions on this matter?

Cheers!!

fallap

RE: Austrian Vs. Lufthansa Business Class

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:48 pm

I've heard some fantastic stories / seen videos on YouTube from Austrian Airlines Business class.

What they apparently lack in new and flashy seats, IFE and lounges. They make up for with some fantastic food served onboard!
Grease monkey buried head to toe inside an F-16M

Superman24
Topic Author

Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:33 pm

How do you know with Lufthansa which 747 has the new business seats or not? Is it only the new 748 that has the new seats?

debonair

Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:21 am

Quoting Superman24 (Reply 2):
Is it only the new 748 that has the new seats?

Nope. AFAIK also some A330's are equipped with the new C-cabin.

Quoting Superman24 (Thread starter):
I have read too many negative reviews with austrian but the new business class looks so good.

AUA seems to have certification problems with their new J-cabin; the installation is already far behind schedule. I doubt that AUA will finish the work for the summer season on-time.

I am booking my summer vacation with aeroplan and I have the option of going with either lufthansa 747 to frankfurt or 777 to vienna with Austrian

I have no clue about aeroplan, but I would rather look out for alternative carriers: swiss and brussels airlines on top priority!

LOWS

Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:56 pm

Quoting debonair (Reply 3):

I have read too many negative reviews with austrian but the new business class looks so good.

AUA seems to have certification problems with their new J-cabin; the installation is already far behind schedule. I doubt that AUA will finish the work for the summer season on-time.

They are back on track, and things are proceeding as planned. It should be finished by May or so.

I have read too many negative reviews with austrian but the new business class looks so good. I have also read the business lounge in Austria is nothing to brag home about.

Having visited the new Schengen lounge in the new terminal, it's fantastic. Certainly better than the United Club on the other end of that flight in IAD.