TS-IOR
Topic Author

Help Using A Booking Search Engine

Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:26 am

I am planning a trip from Tunis, Tunisia to Saskatoon, SK, Canada, and all the engines; Lufthansa, Air France, Expedia, Kayak... are giving me the same choices, which are good anyway ! What i find disappointing is that i can't force simulating via a given hub, IST for example, or CMN, or AMS. On the Star Alliance and Sky Team websites they always give correspondance through FRA or CDG although i would check if IST can provide a better alternative ! I want to transit through IST or CMN, is it possible to force booking through ?! Otherwise FRA and CDG are convenient. Thanks for help !

debonair

RE: Help Using A Booking Search Engine

Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:15 pm

Quoting TS-IOR (Thread starter):
I want to transit through IST or CMN, is it possible to force booking through ?!

Yes, on KAYAK you can select the transfer airport but unfortunately, Kayak didn't find any results for flights via CMN or IST! But you can force the search to FRA and CDG, very easy with "more option".

In other news, Syphax Airlines will start shortly Montreal from Tunis...

airtrainer

Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:11 pm

Have you tried the multi-city search option ? Other alternative would be building your itinerary with two separate tickets...
Life is short : eat dessert first !

TS-IOR
Topic Author

Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:27 am

The multi-city brings expensive fares as it considers every flight separately. For Syphax the A330 is still being customized and booking not yet possible.

HT

Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:00 pm

If you want to search for flight options on specific dates, try www.quicktrip.com.
Build your own itinerary by looking up sector by sector.
Another idea to build a (fake-)itinerary is to use Star Alliance's Round the World trip tool.

Both websites will not give you any fares, but at least you will be able to find flights.
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !