gerritcar747
Topic Author

DXB Connections With EK

Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:49 pm

Hi all,

My wife and I will be visiting my parents in the UK during June and July. We are flying EK for our entire trip - CPT -> DXB -> LGW.

What I'd like to know is how the connection will work at DXB - it's been a couple of years since I've been there so I can't recall the setup. Would we need to change terminals for our connection to LGW? I know DXB has 3 terminals and that terminal 3 is EK-exclusive, so my assumption is that we would not have to change terminals and that it would be a pretty straight-forward connection. I just need to confirm this.

We have 1hr35min for our connection so we don't have all the time in the world to figure this out once we arrive at DXB.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and regards

Quokkas

RE: DXB Connections With EK

Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:52 am

It will depend where your inbound flight is directed to park and from which gate your connecting flight leaves. As you are travelling on EK you can safely forget what was Terminal 2. The terminals have all been given letters so EK uses A (the new A380 dedicated concourse), B was Terminal 3 with gates numbered 2xx. These are now Bxx. C which was Terminal 1 with gates numbered 1xx, now numbered Cxx. If you arrive at a remote stand you will be bussed to the arrivals security check-point in B. From there you can proceed directly to B or C, the two most likely areas. The two are directly linked so you can walk straight through from one to the other.

Note, if you are put in a holding pattern before final descent and looks as it time will be tight, talk to the cabin crew and they may be able to organise assistance with making your connection. EK have been known to hold flights for connecting passengers - it's happened on a couple of flights that I have been on.

Tip: prior to landing or on arrival in DXB the connecting flight gates will normally be uploaded and displayed on ICE.

You can download a terminal map from: http://www.emirates.com/english/plan...s_terminal_3/finding_your_way.aspx

by following a click-able link to a pdf file, or

http://content.emirates.com//downloa...fs/concourse/201302_Qrg_Review.pdf (2.6MB)
“Not to laugh, not to cry, not to hate, but understand.” Spinoza

gerritcar747
Topic Author

RE: DXB Connections With EK

Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:53 pm

Thanks so much for your comprehensive reply Quokkas, I appreciate your input! I'll give you a shout if I need any more info. Thanks again.

Cheers