AeroWesty
Topic Author

AA Debuts Award Map For Mileage Redemptions

Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:55 pm

http://www.aa.com/awardmap

I've been playing with this new tool for the past hour or so. It works almost like google.com/flights but for AAdvantage awards. Reminiscent of the Dream Map from years gone by.

AA doesn't have all of their partners loaded yet, but this is a huge step in the right direction—allowing folks to see an array of destinations (such as in Europe) near where they may want to go, without having to repeat searches for every new city or option.

I like this a lot! Anyone else playing around with it? What do you think?

YouTube demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYCt4mhrcV0
International Homo of Mystery

N62NA

RE: AA Debuts Award Map For Mileage Redemptions

Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:14 pm

Nice.

Would be better if they would let you put in your destination city, just like your origin city.

Also... I tried MIA-LHR and STILL can't get any BA flights to pop up. 

BoeingGuy

Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:32 pm

Quoting N62NA (Reply 1):
Also... I tried MIA-LHR and STILL can't get any BA flights to pop up.

I thought you can't redeem mileage for BA on US to London flights due to the anti-trust issue. Or is that no longer true?

Good thing DL doesn't put out a Mileage Redemption map for awards. It would be a blank screen.

ikramerica

Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:48 pm

Quoting BoeingGuy (Reply 2):
I thought you can't redeem mileage for BA on US to London flights due to the anti-trust issue. Or is that no longer true?

No longer applies after ATI. My guess is that he can't get MIA to show up because BA isn't offering AA any seats.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

Yflyer

Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:16 am

This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for a month or so ago when I was asking if there was some way to answer the question "what routes have seats available for less than X miles between dates Y and Z?" Too bad most of my miles are with UA, not AA.