DTWLAX

LH Award Tickets From USA To India

Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:57 pm

I have been trying to book an award ticket on LH from DTW to BOM/PNQ for any day in the last week of June.
I know it is a very busy season for travel at that time, but I am surprised that there are absolutely no award tickets available in Business and Economy both to BOM and PNQ.
Not only that, but nothing is available even for a 2-stop ticket on LH or any other Star Alliance airline.
Even checked for other airports like ORD, but nothing.
Am I looking for award flights early or am I late? Will they open up after some time and should I wait?

I am just surprised that nothing is available in both classes across all airlines.
Any help/feedback appreciated.

RyanairGuru

RE: LH Award Tickets From USA To India

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:10 pm

Quoting dtwlax (Thread starter):
Am I looking for award flights early or am I late?

I'm not sure where you're looking, but on June 25/26/27/28/29 I can see UA DTW-EWR-BOM having availability in both Y and J.

If you are a MileagePlus member you can just book it online. If you are Miles&More you can call them and try and get them to book you on UA, which shouln't be a problem as there does appear to be quite a bit of availability.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

DTWLAX

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:50 pm

Quoting RyanairGuru (Reply 1):
I'm not sure where you're looking, but on June 25/26/27/28/29 I can see UA DTW-EWR-BOM having availability in both Y and J.

If you are a MileagePlus member you can just book it online. If you are Miles&More you can call them and try and get them to book you on UA, which shouln't be a problem as there does appear to be quite a bit of availability.

I am a Miles and More Frequent Traveler. Nothing is available on the LH and Miles & More website. I even called the M&M representatives and they say nothing is available on those dates.

Where are you looking at? It may show as available to Mileage Plus members but not to M&M members?

Just to be clear: I am looking to buy using miles. If you search for buying tickets with regular payment, it shows as available. Maybe the award seats are not available?

[Edited 2013-03-24 16:57:52]

OA260

Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:15 am

Its very full even F and J . Checked and all dates around that time are full. Alot would have booked back in Oct/Nov to be honest. Its a very hard period to get award seats.

SebastianMCO

Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:30 am

I am not 100% sure but don't you need to get a three region ticket for that trip? If that is the case then you can't book that online but have to call Lufthansa or Miles & More directly.

RyanairGuru

Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:16 am

Quoting dtwlax (Reply 2):
Where are you looking at?

I was looking at MileagePlus - not sure why, sorry!

In which case I agree with OA260 - for longhaul (esp Y) you really need to be thinking 9-12 months out
Worked Hard, Flew Right