LOWS
Topic Author

SZG-VVO On Star?

Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:45 am

Dear All:

I was invited to Vladiviostok over the summer for two weeks, flight and hotel paid for. I just have to make the arrangements.

I thought about flying to Moscow and taking the Transiberian Railroad, but I have things to do.

So, I need help finding SZG-XXX-VVO in Business or First preferably on Star. 17. July (or earlier) to 5. August (or a few days later). Oh and a friend is going.

I know I could do the whole thing from VIE/ZRH on KE pretty easy, but I want to get miles that I can use. Since I live in SZG that really means only Star.

I have tried booking SZG-VIE-PEK OR NRT-VVO but I can't find anything for the last leg on Star.

Any suggestions?

Skyeurope

RE: SZG-VVO On Star?

Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:00 pm

Asiana is the only Star Alliance airline flying to Vladivostok, so you might consider an itinerary via Frankfurt and Seoul.

mickster

Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:40 pm

Like Skyeurope said, if you 'have' to travel on *A, then going via ICN is your only option - for some reason though I am not able to find a way to book this on a single ticket - you could try via an agency, but you may need to book on separate tickets ...

Ia - Take a train / Drive to MUC and then fly LH to ICN - €3,215
Ib - Fly SZG to ICN via FRA on LH - €3,373
Ic - Fly SZG to FRA on OS for €793 + FRA ICN on OZ for €3,192

II - Fly ICN to VVO on OZ - €996

Admittedly, does not seem too nice but could not find anything better ...

LOWS
Topic Author

Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:46 pm

Quoting mickster (Reply 2):
may need to book on separate tickets

That's what we ended up doing.

SZG-FRA-ICN (VO/OZ)
---3 days in Seoul---
ICN-VVO-ICN (OZ)
---Overnight in Seoul---
ICN-FRA-SZG

I just wish I could have squeezed in a trip to FNJ, but it would be rather complicated, on multiple levels right now.
Maybe next time.  

Thanks again for your help, everyone. I am enormously excited, having never been east of Slovakia.