tardis

Transfer At JED

Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:35 am

Just booked on SV to go to JNB via JED. It looks like I will not need a visa, but I'm not 100% sure.
Has anyone else done a transfer over JED?

Thanks!

debonair

RE: Transfer At JED

Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:29 am

Nobody will answer this question, too many details are missing...

Assuming British Nationality, Embarkation Point Great Britain:

TWOV (Transit Without Visa):
Visa required, except for Holders of onward tickets for a max.
transit of 18 hours when inbound flight is operated by Saudi Arabian Airlines
   Warning:
- Visitors holding passports containing any Israeli visa or
stamp could be refused entry.

tardis

Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:17 pm

Actually you've answered the question, I'll not need a visa.

Thanks!

reifel

Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:46 pm

Hi Tardis,

I travelled KWI-JED-MXP and can confirm no Visa is needed. Actually I found SV pretty good.
JED airport however is a simple affair. You'll be bus boarded to arrivals. Directly after stepping into the building, there is a transfer desk, You will need to approach this desk, no matter if you already have your connecting boarding pass (which I had) or not. They will issue you a meal voucher.

Then they send you upstairs. There you pass through security (male and female separated). That's it. Once you're in the waiting hall, there is really nothing but a duty free ship and this food stall where you can use your voucher.

If you have a long layover, I strongly recommend you pay entry (some 20 EUR or so) for the SV Al Fursan lounge. It's nothing special, but they have decent food and wifi as well as computers you can use. bring a pullover, they really have cold air condition!

If you have an insreali stamp, even though in transit, I would be very cautious though. On departure in JED before boarding the bus to my transfer flight, security staff checks every passport for stamps.