KGRB
Topic Author

How To Get From ATL Terminal To DL HQ

Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:36 pm

I was wondering if there were any ATL-based Delta employees that could shed some light on this. I am thinking about attending an event at the Delta headquarters later this month that I would be flying in for. Is there an easy way to get back-and-forth besides a cab? I would imagine there is some sort of employee shuttle, but do you need an ATL SIDA badge to ride it?

Thanks in advance.
Flown on: Air Wisconsin, America West, American, Compass, Delta, Endeavor Air, Envoy, ExpressJet, Mesa, Mesaba, Midwest Express, Northwest, Piedmont, Pinnacle, PSA, Skyway, SkyWest, United, US Airways

BrusselsSouth

RE: How To Get From ATL Terminal To DL HQ

Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:32 pm

Can't help you with any DL shuttle, but if you really want to avoid a cab, you could always take a MARTA train to College Park from ATL (1 station only), then bus 172 till Virginia Ave. at Delta Blvd (shouldn't be more than a 15-minute ride, with buses every 40 minutes or so).

But frankly I would take a cab to avoid the hassle and loss of time.

Hilton Atlanta Airport is close by so perhaps they have a shuttle that would be available to non-customers for a fee?

Did the drive 2 weeks ago from the Intl terminal, via the domestic terminal, to the DL headquarters and it's so much easier with a car.

Regards
BrusselsSouth

deltairlines

Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:51 pm

If you have a Delta employee badge, there is the GO (on weekdays from 7a-6p) and GOE (24/7/365, every 20 minutes) that go from South Terminal lower level curbside to the GO complex. However, only those with a Delta badge can get on it - no family/friends/etc. (an ATL SIDA badge is not sufficient - it has to be Delta issued).

If you don't have one, the Hilton shuttle should be sufficient - hop on that and it's a 5 minute walk to the security desk at the entrance of the GO. I had done that a few times before I started at Delta.

KGRB
Topic Author

Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:16 pm

Thanks for the replies. I used to have a Regional Elite badge, but now that we're DGS, only supervisors and above have badges.

Quoting deltairlines (Reply 2):
If you don't have one, the Hilton shuttle should be sufficient - hop on that and it's a 5 minute walk to the security desk at the entrance of the GO. I had done that a few times before I started at Delta.

This sounds like a good idea. I'll probably give it a try.
Flown on: Air Wisconsin, America West, American, Compass, Delta, Endeavor Air, Envoy, ExpressJet, Mesa, Mesaba, Midwest Express, Northwest, Piedmont, Pinnacle, PSA, Skyway, SkyWest, United, US Airways