golli
Topic Author

Munich Intl. How Do You Go From T1 To T2?

Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:25 pm

Good day people. A friend of mine has to go from T1 to T2, with-in EDDM, to reach his connecting flight. How is transit done @ this airport ?? And stay airside the whole time.

Thanks in advance. Golli
Vinnie Colaiuta rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aloges

RE: Munich Intl. How Do You Go From T1 To T2?

Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:49 pm

Quoting golli (Thread starter):
A friend of mine has to go from T1 to T2, with-in EDDM, to reach his connecting flight. How is transit done @ this airport ??

On foot or by bus: http://www.munich-airport.de/en/general/faq/umsteigen/index.jsp

Quoting golli (Thread starter):
And stay airside the whole time.

like so:

Quote:
3. Is there a shuttle service for connecting passengers? Where does it stop?

Yes! If your luggage is checked through for your connecting flight, you can use the shuttle that travels between the two terminals.

It departs every 20 minutes from the stops at gates A31, C08 and D17 (Terminal 1) and the stops at Schengen and Non-Schengen Entry (Terminal 2).

For a comfortable transfer, and to ensure that you catch your connecting flight, it is advisable to leave plenty of time!

[Edited 2013-04-09 16:50:46]
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

reifel

RE: Munich Intl. How Do You Go From T1 To T2?

Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:36 pm

All said above. I would say that generall by foot is shorter if you connect from Schengen to Schengen (unless a bus is coming right away). However, if you transfer from nonschengen to nonschengen and if you want to go by foot you will need to pass immigration possible needing a visa. If you want to avoid that, bus is the only option.