novak500
Topic Author

SIM Cards At CDG

Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:40 pm

I'm traveling to Paris this summer and wondering if there is a telecom company selling SIM cards and some airtime in the arrivals section of the terminal? I'll be arriving at T1. There was a T-moble booth at the baggage claim in BCN last summer and thought that was a great idea.

Thanks
Rich

Azure

RE: SIM Cards At CDG

Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:52 pm

Quoting novak500 (Thread starter):

You should be able to buy one at the "Relay" shop located at the arrival level near exit #4.
Map : http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/R...4-4c15038b5091-T1NIVEAUARRIVEE.pdf

Otherwise anywhere in Paris, in an "orange", SFR, Phonehouse boutique.

Have a great time !

Coal

Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:34 am

How long are you going to be in Paris for and do you have a permanent address or a hotel address? I would highly recommend B&You. I lived in France for four months as got their EUR19.90 package which had free calls to mobiles in the US, Canada, and China (inc. HK and Macau), free calls landlines in 55 countries, and tons of data included, all without a contract. You can book it online at www.b-and-you.com and they will send you the SIM card to your home or hotel within 3 days.

I've also used it to roam in Italy and Morocco and not only does it work great, the roaming rates were relatively cheap.

Cheers
Coal
Nxt Flts: MI RGN-SIN | SQ SIN-RGN-SIN | CX SIN-HKG-PVG | SQ PVG-SIN

novak500
Topic Author

Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:51 pm

I'll be in Paris for 5 days, then renting a car heading up to Normandy for a couple of days. I want the SIM card for for the time we are driving in case we run into any problems so this might be a good option. We are renting an appartment so we will have an temporary address it could be sent to in advance.

Thanks to both Coal and Azure for the info.

Rich