flyenthu
Topic Author

QR Or SQ

Fri May 03, 2013 5:08 pm

Hello netters:

I need your advise. I was supposed to fly to CCU from IAH on SQ in July, but now have to change my dates.   I just checked and saw that Qatar's price in Y has come down and now it is an option as well. The advantage is that QR's layover in Doha is really short compared to over 8 hrs for SQ. Also, the flight duration for QR is much shorter even though both are ultra long hauls. SQ flies through DME. I am not super fond of flying through DME. Also, I have never flown with QR but have flown with SQ few times. I love SQ's product and I am unfamiliar with QR although I know QR is very good. Any suggestions or pointers?

VCy

RE: QR Or SQ

Fri May 03, 2013 7:50 pm

Quoting flyenthu (Thread starter):
I love SQ's product and I am unfamiliar with QR although I know QR is very good.

If you've been with SQ then give QR a try! It's always good to try new airlines, especially a 5 Star one   plus why torture yourself with an extra stop, DME?

falkerker

Fri May 03, 2013 8:13 pm

If travelling in Y, try QR it is very nice (IMO SQ is better but not too far ahead), the flight is shorter, the layover is better....
If travelling premium I find SQ to be years ahead

Viscount724

Fri May 03, 2013 9:48 pm

QR seems much more convenien.. One less stop and almost 3,000 miles and many hours shorter..You're going a long way out of your way to fly all the way to SIN on SQ and then backtrack to CCU.

IAH-DOH-CCU 10,360 miles
IAH-DME-SIN-CCU 12,953 miles.

flyenthu
Topic Author

Sun May 05, 2013 4:12 am

Thanks all! Viscount that info really helps. I am quite sure I'll do QR. The Doh-CCU sector is usually an A320, but it has been 777 in the last couple of days. Wondering why? May be an increase in load.

flyenthu
Topic Author

Mon May 06, 2013 2:44 pm

So, it is decided. I bought tix on QR. My first time with them. I am excited about their much touted 5 star service.