kann123air
Topic Author

AA 738 F Cabin Config

Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:00 am

Hi everyone, I have some doubts about the AA 738 first class features and configuration, and I thought I'd ask y'all.

Tommorrow I'm flying AA #1305 (ORD-LAX) and AA #1559 (LAX-SFO), both in F. Here are a few questions I have.

For my first flight:
According to seatguru, only one version of the AA 738 has AC plug points. Also, this is the version with Main Cabin Extra. Considering that my aircraft's registration is N989AN (a rather older version), would my aircraft have AC plug points? I went to aa.com to make a fake booking to see if my aircraft had MCE, and it did. So if I interpreted seatguru's diagrams right, does that mean my aircraft has AC plug points? I do not have a DC converter so I'm really hoping it is AC.

OR.... Do all AA 738s have AC plug points and is seatguru just outdated?

For my second flightL
(AA #1559), flightstats.com shows N849NN. This is a newer version, so does this mean I am guaranteed AC plug points?

On a slightly unrelated note, AA#1559 (LAX-SFO) is an evening flight, so I was hoping for dinner... It's not listed, so does that mean there is none? I recieved meal requests on the first flight and didn't for the second so I'm thinking that there isn't a meal  .
Now more than ever, moving forward with the new American.

mhkansan

RE: AA 738 F Cabin Config

Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:25 am

Quoting kann123air (Thread starter):
OR.... Do all AA 738s have AC plug points and is seatguru just outdated?

Pretty sure all the 737s have power outlets.

Quoting kann123air (Thread starter):
AA#1559 (LAX-SFO)

Flight is too short for a meal. They'll give you a packet of peanuts and your drinks in a glass.

Hope for an equipment sub for a new aircraft with the mood lighting.

sw733

RE: AA 738 F Cabin Config

Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:12 pm

Quoting mhkansan (Reply 1):
They'll give you a packet of peanuts and your drinks in a glass.

Do they give peanuts? I usually end up with a packet of that not-so-great mix on the short flights in F, be it 738 or M80. Oh man...the old mix was SO much better. I'd kill for peanuts, though.