bmacleod
Topic Author

Aviation Mags - Errors In Identifying Aircraft.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:40 pm

I was reading a copy of Airliner World or Airways a few months back and I remember a photo of a AI 747 being identifed as a 737. Hmm...must have been editing error.

Does this happen often in Airliner magazine editing and anyone see similar mistakes?
"What good are wings without the courage to fly?" - Atticus

cedarjet

RE: Aviation Mags - Errors In Identifying Aircraft

Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:29 pm

Airliner World is generally OK on accuracy. The real star pupil is Aviation News. I write for both and after I submit a feature to Aviation News, I will always have a thirty-minute phone call from the editor, Dino Carrera, who grills me on every detail, to make sure I haven't been economical with the truth. On the rare occasions where I've guessed something or got it wrong, he or a sub-editor catch me out every time. Also as the author and therefore assumed to have some knowledge, I am always asked to write the photo captions (which usually end up re-phrased, but still, I appreciate having the input to make sure they're right).

If you're not a reader of Aviation News (from Key Publications, same stable as Airliner World and Airports Of The World), I really recommend it. It's the sleeper hit of the world of aviation journalism.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz