BA677
Topic Author

What's Going On With The Executive Club?

Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:23 pm

I thought the charges fore booking a reward flight within Europe with Avios was £35. I am now getting quotes from £90 to £112 with dates from August through to November fore destination's such as FRA NCE GIB. Also I can now only call them on a 0844 number when I am in the UK making it more expensive for my mobile. I seriously thinking of not bothering with this club / airline any more and giving my Avios away. Rant over.

[Edited 2013-07-31 11:29:19]

Viscount724

RE: What's Going On With The Executive Club?

Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:49 pm

Have you earned any Avios within the 12 months prior to booking the reward flights? The low flat fees for redemption bookings within Europe require that you have earned at least one Avios point within the previous 12 months.

OA260

Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:42 pm

I have to say I find Exec Club brilliant. I had my doubts being transferred from BMI DC Gold to BA Gold but its turned out to be very good. As above check you have credited at least one mile to your Exec Club account. You dont have to fly as partner purchases can qualify also. Hotels/ car hire etc...

With regards to the UK number try 0191 490 7901   With hold your caller ID and it should work !

TYCOON

Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:55 am

I am elite status with BA Executive Club, AF/KL Flying Blue and UA Mileage Plus, therefore in all three alliances that allows me access to OW, ST and Star lounges and occasional upgrades.
The worst programme from my personal experience is by far BA's Executive Club... Almost impossible to redeem free flights (at least every time I have checked, and I usually book months in advance) and trying to get someone competent on the phone takes hours and only if on a Lucky day!

readytotaxi

Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:55 pm

Quoting OA260 (Reply 2):
With regards to the UK number try 0191 490 7901 With hold your caller ID and it should work !

Many thanks, it worked for me.  
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!

BA677
Topic Author

Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:56 pm

Quoting Viscount724 (Reply 1):
Have you earned any Avios within the 12 months prior to booking the reward flights? The low flat fees for redemption bookings within Europe require that you have earned at least one Avios point within the previous 12 months.

No I have not so that explaines that then.

Quoting OA260 (Reply 2):
With regards to the UK number try 0191 490 7901   With hold your caller ID and it should work !

This works thank you

Quoting TYCOON (Reply 3):
I am elite status with BA Executive Club, AF/KL Flying Blue and UA Mileage Plus, therefore in all three alliances that allows me access to OW, ST and Star lounges and occasional upgrades.
The worst programme from my personal experience is by far BA's Executive Club... Almost impossible to redeem free flights (at least every time I have checked, and I usually book months in advance) and trying to get someone competent on the phone takes hours and only if on a Lucky day!

I have calmed down since posting, one of those days lol, I will give them another chance.

babybus

Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:48 pm

Quoting BA677 (Reply 5):
I have calmed down since posting, one of those days lol, I will give them another chance.

I can understand your frustration with BA Exec club. I've been trying to book a First class fare to LAX and it's basically the same price as if I just paid the whole thing in cash.

I don't bother collecting points anymore.
and with that..cabin crew, seats for landing please.