hh65man
Topic Author

Any One Experience Any "Flights From Hell" Lately?

Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:03 am

I myself broke my long standing record for having screaming toddlers within ear shot. I spotted four but my wife said there where at least two more. Two had sets of lungs the size of locomotives, and for most of the 8.5 hour flight from Hong Kong to Sydney at least one of the little fellas was crying. I couldn't help but feel for anyone sitting much closer to them then I was. So here I sit, brain dead from lack of sleep......dreaming of bed time....and simply wondering if anyone else has had any fun jet setting lately......   

aloges

RE: Any One Experience Any "Flights From Hell" Lat

Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:51 am

Hm... there was a white supremacist drug addict on my bus to MIA last Sunday, does that count? Obviously, his buss pass didn't work, but of course that was the fault of the (black) bus driver, the ***ger in the White House and so on. Quite how the bus driver kept his cool is beyond me.

After that, the a/c at EWR gave me a cold from which I haven't recovered yet... might have been given to me by one of the children whose cries, thankfully, I was largely able to ignore.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

hh65man
Topic Author

Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:02 pm

At aloges, that is a classic...... I guess I should have titled it as "Any trips" from hell....... Busing it in the south is always interesting.....

SUPER63DL

Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:20 pm

Yes, El Al # 5 TLV to LAX on May 16 (been a few months, but still fresh in my mind) These flights are going to be hell unless your in first or business Any way, but man O man, NO ONE wanted to stay put and get some sleep. People were doing laps up and down the good ship SDEROT! There were also about eight or ten small children in the immediate area, one of which had a "diaper over floweth" from, I'd guess northern Canada to central California, sitting directly behind me. They finally cleaned up the little guy after I discussed it with my wife, sitting across the aisle in a not too quiet tone. I was fantasizing about a lay flat in first! All but 15 hrs. can be a bit trying in the best of conditions.   

hh65man
Topic Author

Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:06 am

.....Oh, almost forgot to mention the severe flatulence encountered during the flight. My wife told me she'd kill me if I mentioned where it came from.....