redzeppelin
Topic Author

DL Domestic Business Elite Product On 738?

Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:43 pm

I was in SLC a few days ago waiting for a flight to CVG when boarding started at the next gate for a flight to JFK. I was surprised to hear them start out boarding by calling for "Business Class." I wondered if they had one of the international 757s on the route that day, but it was operated by a 738. I've looked into it since then, and delta.com is selling Business Elite on certain 738 flights on SLC-JFK and some other routes.

Is this a new thing? I hadn't heard about it. I assume that it is just the standard domestic F seats with enhanced catering or something? Does anybody know more?

Thanks.

srbmod

RE: DL Domestic Business Elite Product On 738?

Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:09 pm

Any domestic flight on DL that shares a flight number with an international flight, the First Class cabin is sold as "Business Class", which is not the same as BusinessElite.

DAL30 is SLC-JFK-SVO (with an a/c change at JFK) Return service carries the flight number DAL31.
DAL86 is SLC-JFK-VCE (with an a/c change at JFK) Return service carries the flight number DAL87.

I've flown on a few flights that were domestic tag-on legs to international service and the First Class cabin was sold as Business Class. Outside of the JFK-LAX/SFO flights, you typically don't see BusinessElite a/c flying domestically unless it's an a/c swap.

redzeppelin
Topic Author

RE: DL Domestic Business Elite Product On 738?

Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:20 pm

Quoting srbmod (Reply 1):
Any domestic flight on DL that shares a flight number with an international flight, the First Class cabin is sold as "Business Class", which is not the same as BusinessElite.

Thanks. I noticed that the flight was continuing on to SVO, and wondered if that might explain it. The seatmap for the flight on delta.com labels the F cabin as "BusinessElite," which further confused me.