Devilfish
Topic Author

QF128 Diverted To Naia

Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:45 am

This blog item says VH-OQD flight QF128 to Sydney from HKG made an emergency diversion to MNL.....

http://philippineairspace.blogspot.c...128-emergency-landing-at-naia.html

Quote:
"A Qantas 128 flight (VH-OQD) from Hongkong to Sydney made an emergency diversion at Ninoy Aquino International Airport tonight.

The Airbus A380-800 plane landed safely at NAIA airport around 11:30 PM surrounded by emergency vehicles.

The A380 is rapidly evacuated by passengers."

Database photo of the subject aircraft in daylight.....

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Jason Wood

No details were immediately available and all on board were apparently unharmed which may explain the lack of media coverage of the incident. Anyone has more information?
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield

flood

RE: QF128 Diverted To Naia

Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:17 am

I assume it was a medical diversion as it seems the aircraft barely spent some 90 minutes on the ground at NAIA and arrived in Sydney three hours behind schedule. The 'evacuation' mentioned by the source may simply be inaccurate - which would also explain the lack of media coverage.

qf002

RE: QF128 Diverted To Naia

Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:21 am

For what it's worth, this is -OQD's first service after maintenance work. But that seems to have been a coincidence, given that the flight continued to SYD very quickly.

Quoting Devilfish (Thread starter):
No details were immediately available and all on board were apparently unharmed which may explain the lack of media coverage of the incident. Anyone has more information?

The only source reporting this is a blog, so I'm not going to take anything as fact. Reputable news sources will only report when there is something halfway reportable.