spinkid
Topic Author

Allegiant Travel Advisories

Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:03 am

Does Allegiant normally have this many changes to their schedule?

http://www2.allegiantair.com/travel-advisory

whatusaid

RE: Allegiant Travel Advisories

Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:09 am

Not unheard of. Check out their Facebook page for the rants.

treebeard787

Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:25 am

Welcome to Allegiant Air where the schedules are made up and your time doesn't matter.
Allons-y!

FWAERJ

Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:34 am

Quoting treebeard787 (Reply 2):

Welcome to Allegiant Air where the schedules are made up and your time doesn't matter.

Allegiant is an airline for vacationers, not business travelers where schedules are critical.
"Did he really need the triple bypass? Or was it the miles?"

slcdeltarumd11

Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:38 am

Hardly much different from when delta made me fly the next day on my DEN-JFK flight. Thats a pretty small amount of changes for the huge amount of flights allegiant has. I dont think its fair to say allegiant doesnt care about your schedule. Those flights are delayed. I bet you the legacies have more cancellations than allegiant to be fair.

If i look at the first flight for example it was scheduled to depart at evening. Was originally delayed then cancelled and moved to the morning. May have been mechanical. Not an outrageous delay. When my DEN-JFK flight got cancelled they made me fly the same flight 24 hours later which was alot more of a delay. Delays happen, things happen, and planes go mechanical, its the industry. On all of my lifetime allegiant flights i havnt seen any huge delays.

treebeard787

Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:50 am

Quoting FWAERJ (Reply 3):

Allegiant is an airline for vacationers, not business travelers where schedules are critical.

You are right of course, it was my attempt at some humor that hasn't worked out well I'm afraid.
Allons-y!

srbmod

Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:14 pm

Quoting slcdeltarumd11 (Reply 4):

Hardly much different from when delta made me fly the next day on my DEN-JFK flight. Thats a pretty small amount of changes for the huge amount of flights allegiant has. I dont think its fair to say allegiant doesnt care about your schedule. Those flights are delayed. I bet you the legacies have more cancellations than allegiant to be fair.

You really cannot compare Allegiant with Delta other than the fact that they are both airlines and fly planes. Allegiant doesn't fly their routes everyday, so a schedule change is a much bigger deal. Of course the legacies are going to have more cancellations than Allegiant, as they fly more daily flights and flight the vast majority of their routes everyday ....

dlramp4life

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:08 am

Quoting FWAERJ (Reply 3):

Or for people who have never step foot on an airplane before and complain about every little thing and rant about how much they have to pay in fees.

Quoting slcdeltarumd11 (Reply 4):
I bet you the legacies have more cancellations than allegiant to be fair.

Keep in mind if a legacy cancels a flight they will do everything in their power to reroute pax and baggage... If G4 cancels a flight you are stuck after being stuck in the airport for a 6 hour plus delay....
SEA Ramp, wettest place on earth