SebastianMCO
Topic Author

How Is Lufthansa Doing In Orlando/MCO?

Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:11 am

I was wondering if anyone knows how Lufthansa is doing on their flights to MCO? I see that equipment is changing quite a lot. From A330 to A340-600 to 747. Are they doing ok? Anyone know the loads? Especially after Air France tried and failed miserably in Orlando. Thanks in advance!

readytotaxi

RE: How Is Lufthansa Doing In Orlando/MCO?

Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:43 pm

Wondering that also, and they are the only International airline offering First Class into MCO, could be interesting.
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!

wilco737

Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:07 pm

Quoting SebastianMCO (Thread starter):
A330 to A340-600 to 747.
Quoting readytotaxi (Reply 1):
the only International airline offering First Class into MCO, could be interesting.

We only have airplanes with F class. No matter if 330 or 747, all have 8 F class seats. I guess the market for F class isn't too big.

It is a seasonal thing with MCO. During SUmmer it is 330 where not so much demand is and during winter it is 747. But not every year. So I guess it varies quite a bit. but I don't have any figures.

wilco737

aloges

Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:56 pm

I'm almost embarrassed to post this, but it does sound sensible to me and it came from someone who knew what he was talking about:

Even as a business-centric airline like LH, you have to have some attractive leisure destinations in your route network - and with decent frequency and capacity, too. The reason is that you have to keep your frequent fliers happy; be it through high availability of award fares or by offering them a holiday flight with the standard they know from their business trips.

So even if they don't make a lot of money directly, flights to MCO or e.g. CPT (seasonal) do keep money in the company.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

SebastianMCO
Topic Author

Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:42 pm

The last couple of years I tried really bad getting an award flight in business out of MCO to FRA (summer and also in December). There were never any open award seats available whenever I checked. Also, whenever I fly with them personally in Y or C, it fis always was full. That is at least my experience. Btw, getting award miles out of Miami was always easier and that is what I ended up doing (even though they give you Swiss instead of LH).

I am just hoping that this service to MCO will stay for long time! Crossing my fingers!