Iloveboeing

I Am Flying On An AS 739 Today. Power Ports?

Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:43 pm

Hi everyone,

I'll be flying on AS 759, which is on a 739, from MCI to SEA this evening. I was wondering if the aircraft will have power ports. I know AS made the announcement several months ago, yet I've checked Seat Guru and the information that is given is basically a repeat of AS's announcement.

Does anyone know if that aircraft would have power ports?

Thanks!

threeifbyair

RE: I Am Flying On An AS 739 Today. Power Ports?

Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:07 pm

The 12 original 739 non-ERs IIRC still have the original interior with no power ports. AS has 8 of the new 739ERs with the new interiors.

I don't know which routes the 739ER are flying currently, so I'm not sure which you will have. Just based on the odds, you have a 60% chance of the old interior and a 40% chance of the new interior.

Iloveboeing

RE: I Am Flying On An AS 739 Today. Power Ports?

Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:47 pm

Quoting threeifbyair (Reply 1):
The 12 original 739 non-ERs IIRC still have the original interior with no power ports. AS has 8 of the new 739ERs with the new interiors.

I don't know which routes the 739ER are flying currently, so I'm not sure which you will have. Just based on the odds, you have a 60% chance of the old interior and a 40% chance of the new interior.

Thanks for your reply! I flew to SEA and back and I was on the original 739s with no power ports. Smooth and comfortable ride, though and the strong winds were interesting.

Going MCI-SEA, we flew in about 3:15, but coming back, due to a strong low pressure system moving over the Pacific Northwest and jet stream, we flew SEA-MCI in only 2:40!