Iloveboeing
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:02 am

I Am Flying On An AS 739 Today. Power Ports?

Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:43 pm

Hi everyone,

I'll be flying on AS 759, which is on a 739, from MCI to SEA this evening. I was wondering if the aircraft will have power ports. I know AS made the announcement several months ago, yet I've checked Seat Guru and the information that is given is basically a repeat of AS's announcement.

Does anyone know if that aircraft would have power ports?

Thanks!
 
threeifbyair
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:44 pm

RE: I Am Flying On An AS 739 Today. Power Ports?

Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:07 pm

The 12 original 739 non-ERs IIRC still have the original interior with no power ports. AS has 8 of the new 739ERs with the new interiors.

I don't know which routes the 739ER are flying currently, so I'm not sure which you will have. Just based on the odds, you have a 60% chance of the old interior and a 40% chance of the new interior.
 
Iloveboeing
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:02 am

RE: I Am Flying On An AS 739 Today. Power Ports?

Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:47 pm

Quoting threeifbyair (Reply 1):
The 12 original 739 non-ERs IIRC still have the original interior with no power ports. AS has 8 of the new 739ERs with the new interiors.

I don't know which routes the 739ER are flying currently, so I'm not sure which you will have. Just based on the odds, you have a 60% chance of the old interior and a 40% chance of the new interior.

Thanks for your reply! I flew to SEA and back and I was on the original 739s with no power ports. Smooth and comfortable ride, though and the strong winds were interesting.

Going MCI-SEA, we flew in about 3:15, but coming back, due to a strong low pressure system moving over the Pacific Northwest and jet stream, we flew SEA-MCI in only 2:40!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos