DeltaXNA
Topic Author

Which US Airline Has The Best Hub Network?

Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:13 am

Hub cities by importance: AA (5 of the most important cities in the country)
Hub setup geographics: UA (great coverage)
Hub quality: DL (operates huge hubs and one HUGE hub in ATL)

Worst hub network: US (not very centralized, but they do have great hubs, just not convenient)

[Edited 2013-12-04 23:31:00]

planeguy727

RE: Which US Airline Has The Best Hub Network?

Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:58 am

Quoting DeltaXNA (Thread starter):
just not convenient

Perhaps for you. I fly US a great deal and the hubs have been just fine for the places I need to go.

With these subjective questions we tend to answer based on our individual needs. One of the nice things about having so many choices in the USA is that one of the airlines will generally have a hub set up that matches fairly well with our regular flight needs. For me US does the job quite well.
I want to live in an old and converted 727...

Osubuckeyes

Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:23 pm

Worst hub network: US (not very centralized, but they do have great hubs, just not convenient)

PHL and CLT are extremely convenient when moving up, down and around the East coast.

It is all relative to where you live. I live in PHX so WN and US are by far the most convenient to me because they have nonstop flights to most places.

I think DL has the best hubs in terms of facilities with US a close second.

As far as geography goes it is hard to argue against WN becuase they pretty much cover every part of the country.

Importance is relative and subjective.

AirbusGeek

Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:08 pm

US Airways, with CLT being my home hub, I have good connections via PHL and PHX for flights that are not non-stop from CLT. Their route map has a pretty good coverage of the USA.

AG
PIEDMONT- A MODEL OF HOW GOOD AN AIRLINE CAN BE

jetblueguy22

Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:11 pm

I think it is a really subjective question based on your needs. Like for me, DL beats everybody based on my needs. I can get to a bunch of Midwest airports with relative ease. If you live in DEN though UA will probably be your go to. I haven't flown UA or AA in years because their hubs just don't meet my travel needs.
Pat
All of the opinions stated above are mine and do not represent Airliners.net or my employer unless otherwise stated.

airportugal310

Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:17 am

To me, personally, B6 has the best hub network for my needs

I can't get everywhere on my own airline, but when I need to get to Boston (my second home), I can connect at practically any major West Coast city and get to BOS nonstop or via JFK one stop because they service both extensively

Looking at it practically, the OP has it about right
I sell airplanes and airplane accessories

AirAfreak

Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:52 am

For me, personally, I would say Delta.

I live in Los Angeles and have many options from here non-stop and also the Tokyo Hub to get me around Asia. Additionally, I have the frequent flights to/from/through Atlanta to get me to Asheville (all day long) + Florida (lots of frequency there, too.) I don't really use JFK as a hub as JFK is my final destination from LAX.

Would I consider AMS a DL hub??? Not really sure, but I have to change planes twice to get to CFR via AMS with AF/KL.

Cheers!
Do you lead an Intercontinental life?

DTWLAX

Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:26 am

Hub setup geographics: UA (great coverage)

I disagree. UA does not have a hub in the entire South-East. IAD is not in the SE