BFinSF
Topic Author

UA MileagePlus Profile Change

Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:19 am

When booking a ticket earlier this month on the United Airlines app, I noticed that my birthdate was no longer reflected correctly in my MileagePlus profile (I was now 2 days older; imagine the horror). I thought this was perhaps a glitch in the app, but a review of my profile accessed via a desktop reflected the same error. Prior to this, my birth date has been correctly reflected in my profile since 1992.

When calling the MileagePlus service desk, the CSR replied that there were "systemwide adjustments" that occurred on January 1 that may have affected my (and ostensibly every other) account. I submitted a correction online as well as through the CSR.

Has anyone else experienced this? I imagine the potential for a variety of potential issues, particularly with int'l tickets and possibly PreCheck clearances.

Anyway, suggest UA flyers doublecheck their MP profiles just to be sure.

Cheers.

IAHFLYR

RE: UA MileagePlus Profile Change

Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:26 pm

Thanks for the heads up on this. I just checked our accounts and both are fine.

One would think if CSR know of it then in this era of "Friendly Skies" UA would put a note on their site or HUB site alerting MileagePlus members to verify their account.   
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.