8herveg
Topic Author

What Is The Service Like On BA's LHR-IST Route?

Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:11 pm

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum - I wasn't sure which one it should go in.

What sort of service do BA offer on their LHR-IST route? Particuarly on the B767...

I am booked to go on this route in April and wondered if they serve a 'long-haul' meal? I will be in Euro Traveller.

Will they show any films?

The route is longer than your bog standard Euro route (up to 2-3 hours) where you probably just receive a snack, although it is shorter than a long-haul route on their other widebody aircraft, so got me wondering.

If anyone has any photos or trip reports (I searched but couldn't find), it would be appreciated.

Pe@rson

RE: What Is The Service Like On BA's LHR-IST Route

Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:44 pm

I flew BA LHR-IST in the summer and can't recall what I was given, so it clearly made an impression.  
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

readytotaxi

Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:45 pm

Hi, have a look on You Tube. There is a number of videos shot by a guy onboard.
Type (BA677) British airways, about 10 reports from his journey.
Hope that helps.  
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!

ArmitageShanks

Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:43 pm

I flew IST-LHR in October on the A320 and they served a full meal with two drink services. I remember the meal being some sort of curried chicken thing. I believe they had beef as well.

Hywel

Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:24 pm

I recommend reading this link, Istanbul is band 4 and the meal service depends on your departure time.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...rt-haul-catering-guide-2014-a.html

[Edited 2014-01-13 14:25:55]

bwaflyer

Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:25 am

If it's a meal flight (after 9:30 departure) you'll have a drinks run with savoury snacks, then a full meal service (salad, hot meal, dessert, bread roll, water cup) accompanied with another bar service (all drinks complimentary). Tea / coffee follows, then duty free. On breakfast flights (departures up to 09:29) a hot breakfast is served after take off with a choice of drinks / tea / coffee, duty free, and then a bar service with savoury snacks before landing. IFE is on overhead screens with the latest BBC news, a feature film (check the listings at http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...rtainment/in-flight-entertainment) and then various TV programmes. Flights LHR-IST are a little over 3 hours, IST-LHR is around 3:30 or so. Just to note, if you pick a flight on an A320, normally one of the handful of aircraft fitted with IFE are used (ie seat controls and headphone sockets) but there is always a chance that a non IFE equipped aircraft could be used so you'll only have the moving map for entertainment (better load up that ipad!)

irelayer

Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:56 am

Quoting armitageshanks (Reply 3):

I flew IST-LHR in October on the A320 and they served a full meal with two drink services. I remember the meal being some sort of curried chicken thing. I believe they had beef as well.

Exactly my experience. The chicken curry was decent. I didn't get a window seat though...

-IR