gdg9
Topic Author

Available Seats On QF 7/8

Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:34 pm

Just a quick question - I am seeing 353 seats available on QF 7/8 each day. Is this accurate? I recall ages ago that several rows were blocked off for weight, but then was told later that all seats were available, but no cargo was being shipped. What is the current status? I'm trying to calculate the LFs each way on the route. Thanks.
@dfwtower

qantas834300

RE: Available Seats On QF 7/8

Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:11 pm

QF7 SYD DFW can be fully sold as a 58/36/270 config, it generally goes out fully, there are some seasonal ups and downs, so EAST bound fully available, QF8 DFW BNE SYD is weight restricted due head winds, so in general you will have available 58 J / 36 W / 170 Y, sometime the economy cabin is less, sometimes more but not by much, say 10 + or -.

The return flight to Australia is subject to many issues, temp, winds, fuel supply issues at DFW, it's flight time could be 16-17 hours depending on the factors on the day. I'm not aware of cargo restrictions, but there isn't much to play with during the hotter months in DFW.

texdravid

Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:55 pm

Good summary. Yes, QF 8 is always the tricky one with bags, cargo, and possible diversions.
Sometimes the diversion to say, AKL, happens inflight, but other times it is determined in the early evening before takeoff.

Obviously, the bags left behind is the biggest passenger issue, and the one that causes the most controversy.

The solution will not happen until a better solution to the mighty 744ER's comes along, either with a IGW 380 or 787.
Hopefully, there will be both! A 380 to SYD and and a 787 to BNE.

By the way, could any of the DFW enthusiasts tell us what happened to the QF 7/8 flights in early December 2013 with the
huge ice storm. I saw on Flightaware that QF 7 left every day as scheduled, but obviously the QF 8 flights were cancelled
for days. It would be much appreciated.
Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.

gdg9
Topic Author

Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:05 am

Thanks 834300!

Quoting texdravid (Reply 2):
By the way, could any of the DFW enthusiasts tell us what happened to the QF 7/8 flights in early December 2013 with the
huge ice storm. I saw on Flightaware that QF 7 left every day as scheduled, but obviously the QF 8 flights were cancelled
for days.

My understanding is that DFW did not properly clear the runway, upon landing, the QF plane ingested ice and snow into the engines and was laid up for a week. I imagine QF is seeking compensation from DFW.

http://www.theqantassource.com/qanta...-returns-from-dallas-fort-worth-2/
@dfwtower