ACAfan
Topic Author

Question: KLM/DL Baggage Policy MCT-AMS-JFK?

Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:18 am

Its been years and years since I last accessed this site. In those days I was but a child. Even the airline my account is named after is now long forgotten. I've since grown up and moved on to other things. I fly for business frequently enough to maintain Silver status on Delta. Perhaps I should get the Amex, but that's not important right now.

I am presently finishing up a two week holiday with my wife in Muscat. We flew JFK-AMS-(DOH)-MCT and we each had one checked suitcase and one carryon bag each, plus her purse.

In the past two weeks, we've done a little shopping, and I would like to know how many suitcases I can check through to JFK when we fly thirteen hours from now. Is it three or is it four?

Flights are KL 442 MCT-AMS and DL 603 AMS-JFK. We are flying together on the same ticket issued by Delta.

I have Skyteam elite status by virtue of my silver medallion Delta status. My wife has skymiles but no status.

Do we each get to check two bags or only me?
Freddie Laker ... May be at peace with his maker ... But he is a persona non grata ... with IATA

MH017

RE: Question: KLM/DL Baggage Policy MCT-AMS-JFK?

Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:27 am

Why don't you ask KLM via the Facebook or Twitter accounts ? They're pretty good in answering your question(s) within 4 hours...

Think KLM is one of the best regarding this on Social Media, and even received various awards for this  
don't throw away tomorrow !