Cipango

Should I Book A Flight With Malaysia Airlines?

Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:04 pm

I am planning a trip from Ireland to China this Christmas and MH are coming up as the cheapest carrier.

I would quite like to fly MH and I have the option to take the A380 from CDG-KUL.

My query is not in relation to MH370 - I would have no problem flying MH after that

My query is actually in relation to the financial instability that MH appear to be suffering at the moment. Since Christmas is quite a long way away a lot can happen in that time, perhaps worst case scenario - MH shut down.

What do you think? Would you book it?
Let's fly! Unless it's on a CRJ 200, then I'll stay down here.

gabrielchew

RE: Should I Book A Flight With Malaysia Airlines?

Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:36 pm

Book with a credit card and make sure you have travel insurance that includes airline failure and you'll be fine - book away. MH is State owned, so failure in the next few months in very unlikely.
http://my.flightmemory.com/shefgab Upcoming flights: LGW-OPO-LGW,LHR-FCO-CTA-LIN-LCY,LHR-AMS-GRQ-SEN,LTN-CPH-LHR-ORD

AR385

RE: Should I Book A Flight With Malaysia Airlines?

Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:06 am

Before letting it fail, the Malaysian government would probably do a rebrand a la KAL-Korean in 1984. I would say you are ok. As said before, get travel insurance. These days it´s a must, even if you are flying the most solid of carriers.