Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Mirabelle96
Topic Author

CG envelope of B787-900

Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:47 am

Hello everyone, it's my first time posting on this forum. Im hoping that someone could help me in my college assignment.
I really need the CG envelope of B787 for my college assignment. I cant find it in google. Pls help me.

zeke

Re: CG envelope of B787-900

Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:56 am

Have a look in this document it has a cg envelope for pavement calculations

http://www.boeing.com/assets/pdf/commer ... ps/787.pdf

Mirabelle96
Topic Author

Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:13 am

i asked my lecturer. he said this is not the cg envelope he wants

Mirabelle96
Topic Author

Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:41 am

i need a general cg of b787-9. anyone? pls help

gloom

Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:32 am

Ask your lecturer what exactly he needs. In the document Zeke pointed, is the most common CG envelope, weight vs %MAC (plus a scale to show % on MLG). This is the one required for most Weight and Balance calculations.

Cheers,
Adam

OldAeroGuy

Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:56 pm

I suspect your lecturer is looking for the loading diagram which shows the forward and aft CG limits as a function Mean Aerodynamic Chord (MAC). It may also include the fuel loading vector. The aft limit is set by main gear strength and/or aerodynamic stability limits. The forward limit is set by nose gear strength, wing strength and/or aerodynamic trim limits.

Boeing does not usually release the loading diagram to the general public. Someone who works for an airline may be able to provide you with a chart but may be reluctant to do so as it's probably labeled Propriety.

Balerit

Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:17 pm

OldAeroGuy wrote:
I suspect your lecturer is looking for the loading diagram which shows the forward and aft CG limits as a function Mean Aerodynamic Chord (MAC). It may also include the fuel loading vector. The aft limit is set by main gear strength and/or aerodynamic stability limits. The forward limit is set by nose gear strength, wing strength and/or aerodynamic trim limits.

Boeing does not usually release the loading diagram to the general public. Someone who works for an airline may be able to provide you with a chart but may be reluctant to do so as it's probably labeled Propriety.

Would you know how they calculate the forward limit?

OldAeroGuy

Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:29 pm

As I said, the forward limit can be set these three things:

1) Wing strength - at the forward limit, the wing loading is highest for a given weight. This is because the h. tail is trimming the airplane with a download. The wing load will be roughly = (weight of the airplane + tail download)* load factor

2) Trim capability - the h. tail trim download capability must be able to counter nose trim due to flap extension.

3) Nose gear strength - as the CG moves forward, more of the ground load is shifted to the nose gear. The nose gear and the body must be able to accept the higher load.

Mirabelle96
Topic Author

Mon May 01, 2017 1:17 am

OldAeroGuy wrote:

That's right. that is what he wants. but im just a student, how am i suppose to get this? anyone here works for airline?