cpr05
Topic Author

Aircraft lighting questions.

Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:07 am

So ive been keeping track of aircraft lighting. You will see multiple questions here haha.

I have noticed on the ZW CRJ's ive seen lately and a few EV the have very bright 787esque tail strobes.

On aircraft departing on climbout. It appears they are shutting the wing light off immediately after departure?

And on the Delta 717/MD80 Are they now HID/LED bulbs?

On New 737NG They also seem to have the HID/LED lights, as well as the 787 style strobes.

Acey

Re: Aircraft lighting questions.

Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:21 am

Those newer 737 NG have kind of a hodge podge of lighting. The new wing root lights are all LED and replace the nose taxi light as well. The ones with LED wingtip strobes still have a conventional tail strobe. It's the MAX that has the 787 tail strobes that double as the rear nav light, in addition to LED wingtip strobes, but still a conventional beacon.
If a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live. -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

cpr05
Topic Author

Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:29 am

Acey wrote:
Those newer 737 NG have kind of a hodge podge of lighting. The new wing root lights are all LED and replace the nose taxi light as well. The ones with LED wingtip strobes still have a conventional tail strobe. It's the MAX that has the 787 tail strobes that double as the rear nav light, in addition to LED wingtip strobes, but still a conventional beacon.

Ahh thought so! That tail light always looked out of place.

Runway28L

Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:11 am

AA appears to have modified all of their 738s with LED landing lights in addition to the newest ones that were factory-delivered with them.
Greetings from KPIT! Check out my photos here: http://www.airliners.net/search?user=45 ... teAccepted

trnswrld

Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:37 pm

Which lights on the 717/MD80 did Delta change to HID or LED? I would imagine any recent change in lighting would go with LED and not HID. I remember in flight training down at ERAU back in the late 90s/early 00 when they converted all our 172's with HID landing lights. I thought that was kinda cool.