RE33603
Topic Author

Buying & selling aircraft parts

Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:12 am

Hello!

I am new to this forum so I will quickly introduce myself. I was raised in Canada but moved with my family to Mexico later on in my life, though I am not a your typical latino in that I'm of Canadian and Russian descent. I am currently going going between Texas and Mexico. Right now I am working for a heavy equipment company, and after close to 8 years I am slowly transitioning into working for myself brokering, buying and selling heavy equipment. Not that you need to know all this, but it gives you a better idea of my situation.

Some months back I was given an opportunity to find aircraft parts for a company in Florida on a commission basis or "finder fees". Simple yet not simple, find value stuff and get paid for it. It is kind of the same as finding heavy equipment, you network constantly, until you find someone that has what you are looking for or that one of your customers is looking for. Just in this case I am starting from scratch. I have been searching the web constantly, trying to find parts and contacts that have what my customer is looking for. Little to no luck so far.

To get to the point, I am looking for people to network with that deal with parts and aviation in general. Is there anyone that can point me in the right direction or give me advice ?

Look foward to hearing what everyone has to say regarding this topic! Good day to e

FlyHossD

Re: Buying & selling aircraft parts

Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:13 am

Airliner parts or general aviation parts? Have you talked with the G.A. salvage companies yet?
My statements do not represent my former employer or my current employer and are my opinions only.

RE33603
Topic Author

Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:57 pm

General aviation parts. Engines and other major components. Helicopter parts as well. No, I am not familiar with G.A. Salvage companies. Where are they out of?

RE33603
Topic Author

Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:16 pm

Similar to heavy equipment, if the item is advertised on websites, the price usually is not wholesale. I am looking for people and companies that have parts or are parting out aircrafts that are not necessarily advertised online. Auctions would be an option as well. I am sure there are auction companies that specialize in selling aircrafts and parts. I have tried to call different salvage yards, but the prices were not competitive enough for my customer to buy them, pay me commission and then resell them. I know this can be a long and slow process at time in finding the right contacts, but I need to start some where.