dnalor

David Coulthard's Jet Crashes

Wed May 03, 2000 2:48 pm

F1 driver David Coulthard's private jet has crashed during an emergency landing in France. His wife, personal trainer and David himself walked from the wreckage but unfortunately the cockpit was totally devastated and both pilots were lost.

From what I saw on TV it looks like the jet was sliding sideways and the cockpit must have hit something.

dc10

RE: David Coulthard's Jet Crashes

Wed May 03, 2000 3:34 pm

Hi, I heard on the news that the plane (LearJet) was en-route to Nice and lost 1 (2?) engines, and had to make an emergency landing at Lyon Statolas (this airport will be renamed soon as St-Exupery, who is born in Lyon). They made an heavy landing, one wing touched the runway first, and then the nose.
The image I saw showed the nose section of the LearJet totally destroyed, and the remaining of the plane severly burned on some places. The emergency exit (above the wing) was open, on at least one side of the aircraft.
David Coultard, his girlfriend, and his bodyguard went out of the aircraft by themselve, being a little wounded. They went to an hospital of Lyon for 3 or 4 hours, and they leaved it. No comments were made.
Both pilot & copilot died (not surprising when you saw the wrekrage).
DC10

dnalor

RE:DC10

Wed May 03, 2000 3:45 pm

Yeah the nose hit something real hard and fast.

Mike

RE: David Coulthard's Jet Crashes

Wed May 03, 2000 6:15 pm

The cokpit was totally destroyed. The Lyon airport is called St Exupery already.

Mike