Multi Time

Wed Aug 30, 2000 8:17 pm

I always see requirments for the regionals who want 100-250 multi time. How does one get this time, by instructing? Is it possible to just rent a plane and build time? Besides being expensive, do the regionals frown on this practice? Thanks.

JETPILOT

RE: Multi Time

Wed Aug 30, 2000 8:25 pm

It's impossible to buy that much multi time by renting a plane.

IF.....IF you could find multi time for $100 per hour and you needed to buy 190 hours it would cost you $19,000.

Instruct, Instruct, Instruct....or buy a multi.

maor

Thu Aug 31, 2000 1:19 am

hey JETPILOT i got a question for you...

you said that in order to obtain like between 100-250 me time you have to instruct ....

my question to you is do you think someone will actually going to let him instruct on a ME a\c before he'll spend alittle time instructing on a SE a\c ? ... i dont think so..
alot of time would go by before anyone will let him instruct on a ME a\c..
but there arent alot of choices... although i think capt-dc9 once told me one can volunteer to sit at the right seat in a me a\c and by thus to obtain ME time...

me=multi engine
se=single engine .

best of regards

maor.

fr8tdog

Thu Aug 31, 2000 2:59 am

Legalman,
There are several options out there for you, Instructing is one of them, However if you dont want to do that there are small cargo operators that allow for a second in command where you pay for the time.
If that is an option for you make sure you acquire your commercial multiengine rating prior to talking to them.
A couple of companys to start you off are:
Central Air Southwest runs approx $4000 for the first 100hr block then about $2000/100hr block thereafter, Aircraft type is an AC500. also check Airnet systems out, BE55, C310, Navajo's, Aerostars and lears
Gulfstream airlines is another option for you.
Talk to your local FBO's and see if you can buy Block time on their twins, you may be able to talk them down a few dollars per hour if you put an X amount of money on Account with them.
Good luck in what ever you do
Fr8tdog a former CFII MEI AGI