Changing Address With The FAA

Tue Nov 07, 2000 5:18 pm

In I am moving back to the UK. I can not wait!!! My problem is, should I change my FAA PPL address to my address there? My parents I staying at the current address, and I am not changing my bank, drivers license, or any other else. But I am not sure about the Pilots license.
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 1999 6:20 pm

RE: Changing Address With The FAA

Wed Nov 08, 2000 6:33 am

Use your permenant address. Are you moving to the UK for good (years) or not? If you're moving there for a long time (years) you should change it. Otherwise leave it and tell your parents to forward any important stuff to you.

When I'm away at school for the year, I still use my parent's address for my legal stuff since it's still my "permenant" address. 
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2000 6:37 am

RE: Changing Address With The FAA

Wed Nov 08, 2000 6:45 am

You have 30 days form the time you move to notify the FAA office in Oklahoma of your address change. If you plan to exercise the privilages of that certificate.
FAR 61.60

RE: Changing Address With The FAA

Wed Nov 08, 2000 7:20 am

Hawk I understand that but I am not classing it as my perminant adddress (or atleast till I am out of school there). I still a bit confused with which I should do.

RE: Changing Address With The FAA

Wed Nov 08, 2000 8:23 am

At the heart of the matter here is what you intend to do. Period.

If you have aspirations of becoming a commercial pilot or an ATP back in the USA, the FAA and your employer will need for you to compile a 10 year history of all your addresses. If a gap or discrepancy is found, it could lead to problems. Especially if your school transcripts reflect that you were in the UK concurrent to a listed residence in the USA.

In your case it is a judgment call that you will have to make, should you wish to fly professionally in the next several years. You will be required to account for your time overseas--especially if you choose to join the military and/or hold a security clearance. However, since you are a student, your parents' home address should be sufficient as a home of record to report to the FAA--JUST MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DOCUMENTATION TO BACK EVERYTHING UP.

If you do not intend to go any farther than the PPL level, then your plan to use your home address is good-to-go.

RE: Changing Address With The FAA

Wed Nov 08, 2000 9:24 am

Thanks DC-9 Capt.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bpatus297 and 11 guests

Popular Searches On

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos