Flap Settings At Takeoff

Fri Dec 08, 2000 2:31 pm

Can anybody tell me the correct flap settings for a usual takoff into say a 5 know wind for the folowing:

747-400
MD-11
777-200
767-200/300

thanks a bunch!

RE: Flap Settings At Takeoff

Sat Dec 09, 2000 8:00 pm

Take-off flap settings for the B767-200 are 1,5,15 or 20. The actual setting used can depend on a number of factors such as aircraft take-off weight, runway surface condition and length available, obstacle clearance, ambient conditions, non-standard configurations etc.

Tue Dec 12, 2000 3:05 am

The MD-11 takeoff flap settings is from 10 deg to 25 degrees, changeable to 1 deg. (using a dial-a-flap wheel). For the Deflected Aileron option, a discrete Flap 28 is available for takeoff in addition. Typical flap setting is 15 degrees for takeoff. A detent at 28, 35 and 50 is available with 35 and 50 used for landing.

The 777-200 flap settings detents are 1, 5, 15, 20, 25, 30. Typical takeoff flap settings are 5, 20 and 25 (in United Airlines case).

Best Regards,
Nut

Tue Dec 12, 2000 3:02 pm

MD11Nut

I would have thought that Flaps 25 for takeoff on a B777 would have caused more drag than lift? Are you sure that this flap setting is used for takeoff?

On the MD11, i dont think that you can say that any flap setting is typical, the dial a flap setting combined with optimized takeoff charts will give you an optimized weight/temperature/runway combination.

B747-400 Flaps 20 and 10, once again depends on airline policy.

Thu Dec 14, 2000 7:33 am

Ambasaid.
You got me on the 777-200. I meant to say 5, 15, and 20. I need to proofread what I write. Thanks

On the MD-11, unless you have a special need to a different flap setting, it is always set at 15 for takeoff (at least at McDonnell Douglas and a few airlines I'm familiar with). What you wrote is true, however.

Best Regards,
Nut