HAWK21M
Topic Author

Aircraft Marshaller

Sat Jan 06, 2001 2:23 am

Can the Marshaller wear a green striped Jacket or can yellow & red do fine as long as it reflets light.
Anyone.
regds.
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

wilcharl

RE: Aircraft Marshaller

Sat Jan 06, 2001 3:08 am

noticing your from outside the united states, I dont know how rules apply out side the US, i noticed in europe all the ground crews wore vests, but over here, the marsahller wears whatever they have on (standard company uniform) I was non reving once in a shirt and tie, and the ramp agents on the gate the plane was comming into had went to lunch beacuse of a confusion with opperations, I ran down the jetway and held up an X until i found two wing walkers and then broght the aircraft into the gate, i went up the jetway and the captain didnt realize i was just someone non reving helping out and he thought tihat I was one of the agents on lunch break why wearing a shirt and tie i dont know but he proceded to chew me out only to be emberssed when he realzied i was just a passenger helping out.

HAWK21M
Topic Author

Sat Jan 06, 2001 3:17 am

Over here its Mandatory to Marshall an Aircraft wearing a Reflective Jacket,mainly red.
However other Dept staff moving on the operational areas are required to wear Reflective jackets too,But the colours waried except that they were reflective.
regds.
HAWK.

L-188

Sat Jan 06, 2001 3:22 am

Most company insurance policies pretty much make the relective vest a mandatory item.

But as lot of places if there is a surprise arrival it is kind of "first man out". as to getting somebody to park the airplane.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

HAWK21M
Topic Author

Sat Jan 06, 2001 5:06 pm

What about Day.We use Marshalling bats in the day & Marshalling torches at night.
regds
HAWK.